In this video I will show you to prepare what is probably one of the best foods for humans. It has no gluten for people with gluten intolerance; it is used to lose weight; it provides protein, vitamins, and minerals (calcium, iron); its fats are healthy and the most important: it will give you energy throughout the day.
Today I give you my personal recipe to cook the best brown rice in the world. Do not miss it!
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
If possible, make sure all the ingredients are organically grown (without chemical, fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives carcinogenic)
- Wash your hands, relax your shoulders, abdomen and enjoy this moment. Think about how important this brown rice will be to your body and to the people you will share your food with.
- Wash the rice 2 or 3 times with cold water and carefully to not lose a single grain. Unlike white rice, which is a dead food, brown rice grain is a living food that has the capacity to produce 10,000 grains if it is grown.
- Put it carefully in a pressure cooker.
- Add filtered or other good quality water you can find and the proportion is 1:3. That is, for a cup of brown rice add 2 or 3 cups of water.
- Optional but very important: Add a piece (3/4 in) of any seaweed you can buy. The most common: Wakame, Kombu, Hiziki, Kelp.
- When the water starts to boil, add 2 pinches of unrefined sea salt.
- Optional: Add a tablespoon of shoyu (soy sauce), the best quality you can find.
- Close the lid of the pot and put the heat to high until the valve beeps. Then simmer for 60 minutes.
It is preferable to use pressure cooker but if you do not have one, you can use a regular pot following the same steps.
I suggest you start with this formula and then customize it to your taste and needs, trying every day to achieve the best brown rice in the world. Do not settle for less, you deserve the best!
Play with time and water for a drier or creamier rice.
If you use more cooking time or less water: you’ll get a dry rice even burned at the bottom of the pot. Energetically, this rice is more yang, ideal for winter and for people who need to be more focused.
If you use more water during cooking, eg 3 parts water, and also if you reduce the cooking time to 45 minutes, you’ll get a more creamy brown rice that is ideal for summer.
How to eat our beloved brown rice?
Let’s eat it slowly, trying to chew more than 50 times each bite. We can eat it just as it is, or add spices, seasonings, oil, soy sauce… seeds. We can also accompany it with vegetables (either barely cooked or raw vegetables) and protein (fish, legumes, tofu, seitan) without forgetting that brown rice is the main food of our plate. That is, between 60% and 70% (if you want to meet the needs of our body and have an extraordinary life)
Brown rice is well conserved 2-3 days in the refrigerator or in a cool place but I recommend eating it fresh if you want to achieve an extraordinary health.
I hope you enjoy it and and this helps you like myself, to have an absolute health and an extraordinary life.